Paid social media is a method of displaying advertisements or sponsored marketing messages on popular social media platforms and targeting a specific sub-audience. Paying to display adverts (whatever the format – text, image, video, carousel, etc.) or sponsored messages to social network users of the user profile. For example in demographics a value is incurred looking at the kind of ad planned; as an example, many ads incur a cost per click.
Paid social media is a method of displaying advertisements or sponsored marketing messages on popular social media platforms. Social Media ads allow the company to target an audience that may not have seen your post otherwise, while also increasing brand awareness and product awareness. In addition, paid social is a great driver of micro-conversions, whether they be for trials, free samples, on just funneling additional traffic to your website. For maximum social media advertising effectiveness, a campaign should be employed in conjunction with other types of media, like TV ads, newspaper ad, etc. This form of advertising allows small businesses to achieve users who aren’t following your pages directly but have shown interest Over the past in a very product or service that you’re offering, or they will fall within your target demographic.
How to run an ad campaign on Social?
- Selecting an audience :- The marketer should decide the type of audience for which the product/service is meant for.
- Choosing relevant placement :- The advertisement should be placed as per the type of audience. For ex :- for teenagers and youngsters the product/service should be advertised on Instagram.
- Budget/Bidding Mode :- The reach of the ad campaign depends upon the budget. Also, the budget depends upon the cpc, cpl, cpr etc.
- Ad format :- The marketer shout select the format in which the ad is placed. For ex :- images, videos, gifs,etc.
- Scheduling the campaign :- The date and time of the ad campaign should be scheduled before hand in the content calendar.
- Retargeting :- After selecting the target audience, more subdivision is to be done to customise our audience and design the product/services as per their needs and requirements.
- Lookalike audience/Similar audience. :- Once we have subdivided our target audience, we can easily run any ad campaign for that similar/lookalike audience.
- Custom audience/Tailored audience :- The custom / tailored audience is the one who is active on a particular social media and knows your business.
- Call to action :- After the proper planning and designing of the target audience, the final and the last step is the call to action. It is the main purpose for which the ads are placed on social media. It can be email, website link, call, message, etc. To know more about Digital Marketing Course click here